Join us for the 5th Annual Bike to the Lake
Saturday, August 4, 2018
Ride from Glen Ellyn, IL to
The Abbey Resort in Fontana, WI
on the shores of Lake Geneva
Saturday, August 4, 2018
Last year, through the efforts of 95 Riders and other generous donors, we raised the $125,000 needed to fully fund the final phase of a STEM Center on the campus of Kamwenge Secondary and Vocational School in Uganda. Construction on the Center continues and is expected to be completed by sometime in the Spring 2018.
This year our goal is to raise the money for a collection of needs on the campus. Funds raised through participation in Bike to Lake Geneva on August 4th will assist in bringing the Internet to the campus of Kamwenge Secondary and Vocational School in Uganda as well as provide for other needs at the school
• bring the Internet to campus
• provide equipment, furniture, and materials for the library, science lab, and computer lab in the STEM Center
• build a new teacher’s house for the Head Teacher to live with his family. ($23,000)
• electric tools for the carpentry shop
There are several ways you can help us meet our goal this year.
• Register to ride.
• Find sponsors to support you over and above your registration fee.
• Sponsor a rider.
• If you can’t ride, you can be a “virtual rider.”
This year we have added a 3rd optional route.The Ride is 84, 70 or 50 beautiful miles through parks and towns along paved trails and quiet country roads. (70 mile ride includes some crushed limestone paths.)
• Option One: 84 miles from First Presbyterian Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois to The Abbey in Fontana Wisconsin with rest stops in North Elgin, McHenry and 14 Miles from Fontana WI.
• Option Two: 70 miles from First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn, Illinois to The Abbey in Fontana Wisconsin. Crushed limestone path takes you to connect with the Fox River trail which other riders take.
• Option Three: 50 miles departing from South Elgin and arriving at The Abbey We provide the bus transportation for riders and bikes from Glen Ellyn to Trout Park in North Elgin.
Three rest stops are staffed on the trail, Trout Park in Elgin, IL and Whispering Oaks Park in McHenry, IL will offer drinks and snacks. A third stop fourteen miles from The Abbey Resort provides water only.
A Support Van and a Sweep Rider will provide assistance to participants as needed.
After the successful ride, please join us for showers and a celebration dinner with entertainment at The Abbey Resort in Fontana, WI.
Optional transportation back to Glen Ellyn via a Post event “Charter Bus” transportation from The Abbey is provided.
Professionally Supported by Bicycle Illinois. www.bicycleillinois.com
Minimum donation is $235.*
* 100% of your donation is tax deductible. EIN tax #26-0860327
Riders are encouraged to raise additional funds for PIM through sponsorship.
All questions directed to Gary Alcock 312.806.9915
Our first four years of Bike to the Lake were highly successful raising more than $108,000 toward a Kitchen and Dining Hall and $350,000 for a STEM Center at Kamwenge Secondary and Vocational School in Uganda.Register Now